Marc J. Rubin
Nationally renowned for his great expertise in all aspects of commercial real estate law and related areas of commercial law, Marc J. Rubin is regularly involved, as the lead attorney, in many of the most significant real estate transactions in the province, be it acquisitions, dispositions, financings, restructuring, property development or leasing. He brings in-depth knowledge and know-how to resolve complex situations, continually innovating and aiming to deliver outstanding results.
Mr. Rubin’s focus is on providing a sophisticated and solution-driven approach throughout the deal process, a quality sought out by the many institutional, public and private clients he represents. They appreciate the high degree of ability with which he handles transactional matters, as well as his attention to providing quality service and overall value for money.
Year after year, Mr. Rubin is recognized and recommended in numerous legal publications in Canada, the U.S. and elsewhere abroad as a Canadian leading practitioner in property development, financing and acquisition. In addition to ranking at the highest levels of recognition from Chambers Canada and to being among the 500 most frequently recommended lawyers in Canada, each year since 2017 (according to The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada), Mr. Rubin also received a number of prestigious awards as Lawyer of the Year for Canada, Best Lawyers in Canada and Lexpert, to name only a few. He is often cited for his extensive knowledge and experience in complex real estate matters. Alongside, Mr. Rubin is a member of the Board of Directors of several local non-profit organizations.
- Represented a REIT in the acquisition of three shopping centres comprising over 1.9 million ft2
- Represented the vendor in the sale of a 28-floor office tower in downtown Montréal for an amount over $275 million
- Represented the vendor in the sale of a major real estate portfolio of 30 shopping malls located mainly in Québec
- Represented Sunray Group during its acquisition of Dorval Hampton Inn & Suites, a 143-room high-quality hotel belonging to Compagnie de Construction Brinton inc.
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition and financing of a 100-unit student residence building in downtown Montréal
- Represented a group consisting of both public and private real estate investors in the purchase of three single-tenant commercial buildings in Montréal
- Represented the vendor in the sale of a retail/office complex in downtown Montréal
- Represented the buyers of multiple office buildings in Montréal
- Represented developers in two major financing of developments in downtown Montréal and in the development thereof
- Represented the vendor of a hotel portfolio in Québec
The Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (The Lexpert/ALM 500 Directory) - 2017, 2018 & 2019 Editions
Best Lawyers in Canada® - Real Estate Law (selected every year since 2006)
Best Lawyers in Canada® - Lawyer of the Year in Real Estate Law 2015
Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (most recent acknowledgment in the 2018 edition as a Montréal Leading Practitioner “Most Frequently Recommended” in Property Development)
Lexpert® Guide to US/Canada Cross-Border Lawyers in Canada (2018 edition)
Chambers Global - Leaders in their Field
Chambers Global - Real Estate
Chambers Canada Guide – Real Estate Law 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 ("Star Individual" in Québec and "Band 2" nationwide)
Euromoney's Guide to the World's Leading Real Estate Lawyers
Expert Guide - World’s Leading Real Estate and Construction Lawyers
The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers
The International Who's Who of Real Estate Lawyers
Who's Who Legal: Real Estate (2018)
Canadian Who's Who (2018 edition)
- Québec Bar
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Urban Development Institute of Québec (IDU)