Whether you are concerned about the impact of new laws, legislative amendments or planned changes to the structure or operations of your business, we can explain them to you and answer your questions about labour relations and human resource management. We conduct namely investigations following complaints of psychological harassment or to clarify and resolve conflicts or disagreements within a team or a department.
Our lawyers will help you set up effective practices and methods regarding the management, prevention, discipline and resolution of workplace conflicts, whether your employees are unionized or not. As experienced litigators, they can represent you, if necessary, before any decision-making body, arbitrator, commission, as well as civil, administrative or arbitration tribunal.
- actions for damages, grievances or complaints stemming from the termination of employment (dismissal, lay-off, forced resignation) or of a service contract
- litigation stemming from the application of any legislation governing employment or employer/employee relations, its application to a federal or Québec company or its application to an entrepreneur or self-employed worker
- analysis of the impacts of a merger, spin-off, sale, purchase, corporate restructuring, outsourcing or expansion of operations
- litigation following labour transfers, discipline and any form of employment termination
- employment contracts and severance agreements (including clauses respecting loyalty, confidentiality, non-solicitation, non-competition or the protection of intellectual property), corporate policies and by-laws, employment termination clauses
- strategic advice and representation respecting social laws (access to and protection of information, charters of rights, Charter of the French Language, labour standards, etc.)
- in-house training specially designed for your company; the development and setting up of programmes and policies involving equal opportunity, absenteeism, discipline, continuous training, collective agreement management, etc.
- customized in-house training, development and setting up of programs and policies involving equal opportunity, absenteeism and discipline, continuous training programs, collective agreement management